These are some books, documents, ordinances, and regulations that may be helpful when preparing to take the California Supplemental Exam for landscape architects.
Books recommended by the LATC:
- Aurand, C. Douglas (1991). Fountains and Pools: Construction Guidelines and Specifications. Wiley, John & Sons, Inc. (out of print 1997). 0442006969
- Beer, Anne R; Higgins, Catherine.(2007). Environmental Planning for Site Development: A Manual for Sustainable Local Planning and Design. Taylor & Francis 0419244603
- Beery, William E.; Boehmer, Robert G.; Crowley, John F.; Hoyt, Robert E; Weatherly Jr., (2001). Business Law for Landscape Architects. Pearson Custom. 0536664250.
- Berger, John J. (1990). Environmental Restoration: Science And Strategies For Restoring The Earth. Island Press. 0933280947.
- Booth, Norman (1989) Basic Elements of Landscape Architectural Design (Hardcover), Waveland Press; 0881334782.
- Brenzel, Kathleen Norris. (Editor).( 2007). Western Garden Book: More than 8,000 Plants – The Right Plants for Your Climate – Tips from Western Garden Experts (Sunset Western Garden Book); Lane Publishing. 0376039175.
- Carpenter, Philip L; Walker, Theodore D. (1998). Plants in the Landscape 2nd edition (Hardcover) Waveland Press. 1577660188
- Choate, Richard B.; Watkins, James A. (2000). Turf Irrigation Manual: The Complete Guide to Turf and Landscape Irrigation Systems. Telsco Industries. 0963509608.
- Dahl, Bernie; Molnar, Donald J. (2003). Anatomy of a Park: Essentials of Recreation Area Planning and Design, Third Edition Waveland Press. 1-57766-280-6.
- Diekelmann, John; Schuster, Robert (2002). Natural Landscaping: Designing With Native Plant Communities 2nd edition. University of Wisconsin Press. 0299173240.
- Gilmer, Maureen. (1994). California Wildfire Landscaping. Taylor Publishing Co. 0878338640.
- Harris, Charles W; Dines, Nicholas T; Brown, Kyle D; (Editor). (1998). Time-Saver Standards for Landscape Architecture
. McGraw Hill Publishing Company. 0070170274.
- Harlow, Nora. (2004). Plants and Landscapes for Summer-Dry Climates of the San Francisco Bay Region. East Bay Municipal Utility District. 0975323105.
- Landphair, H. C. C.; Motloch, John L.; (1985). Site Reconnaissance and Engineering: An Introduction for Architects, Landscape Architects, and Planners. Appleton & Lange 0135007372.
- Marsh, William M. (2005). Landscape Planning: Environmental Applications
4th edition (Paperback) Wiley. 0471485837.
- Marshall, Lane L. (1981). Landscape Architecture: Guidelines to Professional Practice. American Society of Landscape Architects.0941236005
- Portfield, Gerald A.; Hall, Kenneth B. (1994). A Concise Guide to Community Planning 1st edition. (Hardcover) McGraw-Hill Professional; 0070255911
- Rubenstein, Harvey M. (1987). A Guide to Site and Environmental Planning (Hardcover). John Wiley & Sons Inc; 0471850330. out of print
- Rubenstein, H. John (1996). A Guide to Site Planning and Landscape Construction, 4th Edition 4th edition. Wiley & Sons Inc. 0471129321
- Sharky, Bruce; (1994) Ready, Set, Practice: Elements of Landscape Architecture Professional Practice 1st edition. Wiley; 0471555126.
- Simonds, John Ormsbee. (2006). Landscape Architecture, Fourth Edition: A Manual of Land Planning and Design. 4th edition. McGraw-Hill 0071461205
- Smith, Stephen W. (1997). Landscape Irrigation: Design and Management. John Wiley and Sons. 0471038245
- Strom, Steven; Nathan, Kurt; Woland, Jake; Lamn, David. (2004). Site Engineering for Landscape Architects 4th edition. Wiley. 9780471273943.
- Untermann, Richard. (1973). Grade Easy: An Introductory Course in the Principles and Practices of Grading and Drainage. American Society of Landscape Architects Foundation. 0-941236250.
- Walker, Theodore. (1991). Planting Design. John Wiley and Sons. 047129022X.
- Way, Douglas S. (1982). Terrain Analysis: A Guide to Site Selection Using Aerial Photographic Interpretation (Community Development Series). Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated (out of print from publisher)
Unofficial Study Guide
Pass the California Supplemental Exam for Landscape Architects is the first unofficial study guide that helps landscape architect candidates prepare for the CSE. This value-packed guide has over 200 pages of CSE-specific content to help you do your best on the California Supplemental Exam. Download it today.